Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Strategies for Expansion and Development - Week 11


For each segment, ask yourself,
  • Do I need more of these to support my idea? I think that by adding more examples may help out my overall direction of where I want the reader to get a full understanding on the position of my stance, as I already provide a good amount of facts and statistics about my topic of workplace discrimination.
  • Would another example help me make my point more clear?Yes, a few more examples about how it targets different races and ethnicities , as well as other attributes can help bring emphasis on how this social problem can relate to people of all different types all over the nation.
  • Have I identified or introduced all the experts to my readers?Yes, I feel that i have appropriately addressed where I received my information and have the correct APA citations to follow accordingly.

  • Have I effectively used statistics in comparison with other statistics?When looking at my web-text, I maybe be able to go out on a source and see if I can find more statistics about my information to give the audience a better overview of the different types of people this social problem is affecting. This may give a better appeal by utilizing the logos approach better than I currently am.
  • Do any of my terms need to be defined for my readers?I feel that my writing is at a point where the reader should be able to read the web-text and be able to clearly understand and interpret what I am saying to the audience of my web-text.
Other questions to ask yourself are,
  • Does each section of my Webtext have a topic sentence or have I only listed the information? After previously revising my information, my paragraphs now have topic sentences that lead into cited information instead of starting my paragraphs with an outside source.
  • Have I explained the significance of any lists I do offer? Within my podcast there are three bullet points describing things that can be done to stop workplace discrimination.
For your visuals in your Webtext, ask
  • Have I created a caption for each of the visuals in my written text and does that caption suggest a relationship between its content and my topic?So far, for my web-text, each of my pictures follow the criteria appropriately.

  • Have I explained all the charts/graphs/images I use to my audience? Yes, the images correspond to the information that is being given within the web-text to give the reader a visual to relate too while reading the information.
  • Have I discussed their significance to my main point or the point of the section?Yes, my main point revolves around the emphasis of working together and stopping the acts of direct and indirect discrimination that is targeted towards those within a company.
Examine the overall structure of your Webtext and ask
  • Do I need a more effective introduction that leads my reader into my main point?For revision, I feel that when addressing my audience I may need to shorten my introduction by including extra information and appropriately placing it in the body of my web-text.
  • Have I effectively broken up my text with appropriate headings reflecting the content of each?Yes, all of my sections are broken apart with the appropriate headings that correspond tot he information that is given.
  • Are my anchor texts leading the reader to additional, meaningful information? Yes, the anchor texts are provided in the appropriate places to give the reader more information that they may be wondering or do not currently know about that particular subtopic, which relates back to the main topic of workplace discrimination.
  • Have I created anchor texts for any definitions I think are necessary? Yes, all anchor texts are provided for any terms that may be confusing to the reader.
  • Have I written a conclusion that does more than summarize my webtext by offering my readers some reflection on the topic and a call to action? Yes, my conclusion summarizes my entire web-text and also has my personal standpoint on the situation, and stresses everyone coming together to solve this social problem once and for all.
  • Have I given my readers enough secondary sources, recommended readings and such, to help them find additional information on my topic? Yes. The additional resources provided will allow the readers to get a basic understanding of the information that provided as well as possibly expanding and learning even more about the topic.

1 comment: