Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Podcast Evaluation - Week 8

Part 1: When analyzing the comments of my peer reviewers, Cesia and Ashley, I have found that I have made small mistakes that I personally have caught myself making as well. Cesia's comments focused on our positives and how I had a strong voice in terms of sound. She suggested that I need to add sincerity to my podcast and by doing so will help make my podcast sound less like it is being read directly from a script. Ashley posted similar comments regarding a positive tone of voice, but emphasized that I started to speed read which affected the overall delivery of my podcast, causing me to freeze up and loose my tone of voice from spot to spot. These mistakes should not be too difficult to polish and make better by adding confidence within my tone of voice, speaking at a consistent speed instead of speed reading, and by reading over my podcast script a few times before actually recording will allow me to get rid of stuttering and pauses within my final podcast. By practicing and hearing my voice, I am allowing myself to hear my flaws in my voice, which allows me to do the proper revisions that are needed for my final podcast.

Part 2: When looking at the text of a podcast versus a essay written paper, i feel that a podcast text sends off a more direct feeling to it. The way it is written is made to directly affect the reader. I feel that it creates more emotion because it also sends off more of a personal feel to it, as a essay written paper provides a lot more factual information revolving around the paper. While this type of writing is important too, I feel that of ethos, pathos and logos, pathos is more directly used within a podcast text more so than within an essay written paper.

1 comment: